DigiWest Protein Profiling Services
Imagine you get data from 80, 300, or even 800 total & phospho proteins per sample. With DigiWest you can!
Case Study 1: DigiWest for Biomarker Discovery
Is a novel proprietary immunoassay technology
Combines the robustness of Western blotting with the power of Luminex® bead-based multiplexing
Allows for quantification of up to 800 analytes from ~60 µg of protein
Is fully customizable, based on a list of >1,000 antibodies (and validated antibody lists for human, mouse, rat, dog, minipig, cyno)
Quantifies also post-translational modifications incl. phospho-epitopes
Enables comprehensive analyses from limited samples (e.g. LCM)
Is superior to MassSpec, needs less material & no enrichment
Represents a versatile new platform for pathway profiling, drug MoA studies, lead characterization, predictive tox and biomarker screening
Is being offered on a fee-for-service basis
Analysis of mechanisms and biomarkers of Platinum resistance
Case Study 2: DigiWest for Lead Characterization
- A set of 24 fresh frozen tumor specimens from relapsed vs cured platinum-treated
ovarian cancer patients was analysed by DigiWest, using 466 antibodies
(total and phospho proteins) covering various cell signalling pathways.
- DigiWest protein signatures distinguished platinum resistant vs sensitive patients, and revealed 8 biomarker candidates.
Mode-of-action study of compounds in comparison to reference drugs
Case Study 3: DigiWest in PD3DTM Tumor Cell Models
cells were treated with Trametinib (MEK
inh) vs Copanlisib
(PI3K inh) vs
2 experimental lead compounds (data not shown) vs DMSO. Cell samples were analysed by DigiWest, using 156
selected antibodies (total and phospho proteins) covering different signal transduction pathways.
- DigiWest yielded distinct signatures for each compound, and allowed in-depth characterization of lead
Protein profiling for characterization of primary tumor samples
Case Study 4: DigiWest in Multiple Species
- In collaboration with cpo cellular phenomics & oncology GmbH, primary patient-derived 3D tumor cell cultures (PD3Ds) were profiled by DigiWest, focusing on 122 antibodies for total and phospho proteins involved in a range of signaling pathways.
- DigiWest revealed pathway activation patterns that explained differences in the PD3Ds' drug responses as measured by cpo.
Multiplex protein profiling for toxicology and in vivo pharmacology
- A DigiWest panel of >700 antibodies previously validated in human and mouse materials was tested in protein lysates from liver and kidney samples of rat, dog, minipig and cynomolgus origin.
- This comprehensive validation project has yielded hundreds of antibodies for DigiWest and Western blot studies, thus enabling protein profiling in toxicology and in vivo pharmacology.
Treindl F, Ruprecht B, Beiter Y, Schultz S, Döttinger A, Staebler A,
Joos TO, Kling S, Poetz O, Fehm T, Neubauer H, Kuster B, Templin MF. A bead-based western for high-throughput cellular signal transduction analyses. Nature Communications 2016.
Augustin I, Dewi DL, Hundshammer J, Erdmann G, Kerr G, Boutros M. Autocrine Wnt regulates the survival and genomic stability of embryonic stem cells. Science Signaling 2017.
DigiWest: Reimaging Western blotting on the proteomic scale.
How to find the missing link between genotype and phenotype.