DigiWest: High Content Protein Profiling Services
DigiWest enables multiplexed protein profiling of up to 600 analytes per sample, thus increasing Western Blot outputs by up to 300-fold.
Case Study 1: DigiWest for Biomarker Discovery
Is a novel & proprietary immunoassay technology
Combines the robustness of Western blotting with the power of Luminex® bead-based multiplexing
Allows for quantification of up to 600 analytes from <50 µg of protein
Is fully customizable, based on a list of >1,000 antibodies (and validated antibody lists for human, mouse, rat, dog, minipig, cyno)
Quantifies also post-translational modifications incl. phospho-epitopes
Enables comprehensive analyses from limited samples (e.g. LCM)
Is superior to MassSpec, needs less material & no enrichment
Represents a versatile new platform for pathway profiling, drug MoA studies, lead characterization, predictive tox and biomarker screening
Is being offered on a fee-for-service basis
Analysis of mechanisms and biomarkers of Platinum resistance
Case Study 2: DigiWest for Lead Characterization
- A set of 24 fresh frozen tumor specimens from relapsed vs cured platinum-treated
ovarian cancer patients was analysed by DigiWest, using 466 antibodies
(total and phospho proteins) covering various cell signalling pathways.
- DigiWest protein signatures distinguished platinum resistant vs sensitive patients, and revealed 8 biomarker candidates.
Mode-of-action study of compounds in comparison to reference drugs
Case Study 3: DigiWest in PD3DTM Tumor Cell Models
cells were treated with Trametinib (MEK
inh) vs Copanlisib
(PI3K inh) vs
2 experimental lead compounds (data not shown) vs DMSO. Cell samples were analysed by DigiWest, using 156
selected antibodies (total and phospho proteins) covering different signal transduction pathways.
- DigiWest yielded distinct signatures for each compound, and allowed in-depth characterization of lead
Protein profiling for characterization of primary tumor samples
Case Study 4: DigiWest in Multiple Species
- In collaboration with cpo cellular phenomics & oncology GmbH, primary patient-derived 3D tumor cell cultures (PD3Ds) were profiled by DigiWest, focusing on 122 antibodies for total and phospho proteins involved in a range of signaling pathways.
- DigiWest revealed pathway activation patterns that explained differences in the PD3Ds' drug responses as measured by cpo.
Multiplex protein profiling for toxicology and in vivo pharmacology
- A DigiWest panel of >700 antibodies previously validated in human and mouse materials was tested in protein lysates from liver and kidney samples of rat, dog, minipig and cynomolgus origin.
- This comprehensive validation project has yielded hundreds of antibodies for DigiWest and Western blot studies, thus enabling protein profiling in toxicology and in vivo pharmacology.